• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

• Members

Originally posted by DarkAngel on 07 June 2009 - 03:56 AM

What is/are the most painful, insulting remark/s you have ever received in your life?
Before you answer this question, you must agree to the guidelines below:

(1) You have actually received this insult -- deservingly or undeservingly.

(2) You shall not mention the actual name or handle of this person who insulted you.

(3) Comments that support or oppose a post will be deleted.

JUST TO REPEAT AND EMPHASIZE: Post an insulting remark you received. Do not post an insult you have made.

Let me start.

From a college professor after I told her I applied for fellowship at the U.P. Writers Workshop:

"I question your desire to be a writer because you don't seem to possess the skills."

A month later, I got the fellowship. 

Edited by Spice
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I will post first.. as I have been subject to a slew of insults my whole life

Aunt: alam mo dapat magpapayat ka, mag make up ka, magpaganda ka. Di ka mapropromote nyan.

Me (in my head): I'm allergic to makeup and at most I can only wear lipstick. I was perfectly ok with my body until people started insulting me for it. And lastly, I thought promotions and career growth are based on merits, not looks. 

At work:

Former co-lead (whenever I'm not around): idiota. Walang alam. Stupido.

I stayed silent and then resigned a few weeks after.

Mtc member: malusog ka pala. Papaya ka, tingnan mo hahabulin ka ng lalaki.

I was already suffering from depression and low self-esteem at this time. I avoided confrontation and just stopped messaging.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Yes, it hurts. When people see you as different from what the world thinks is beautiful. Stars! is your place now. I'm also like you. Physically challenged in some ways. If you promise to try to see beyond the challenges, I promise you I will try to see beyond my challenges also. Samahan kita. Burn bright!

• Members

Mine's were:
1. when a security guard stopped me from entering the building and did a through check on my laptop bag because at the time I've grown my beard (he must be thinking i'm up to no good or something. Ironic because the guy before me has a full on beard but he's a foreigner and was able to enter smoothly.
2. when a US colleague told me I was too young to be promoted to a position I've worked my ass off
3. kinda felt stereotyped because I looked liked Manny Pacquiao daw and the restaurant crew already concluded i'm pinoy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

im generally a ugly guy ( product of an hyper active childhood and gene trial coupling of my parents 0 

I have got used to the truth that no amount of cosmetic changes will change the outlook of my appearance .  Me being ugly is the primary motivator why i am successful in my career . I dont bother myself with details about being overtly presentable to others. 

When people say that im good looking  ,  i get the impression that they are condescending  , polite , liars or they want a favor from me . 

My face is made for wear , not for show .  When GOD created the universe he made weeds so that the roses can be be beautiful 

in short , im one of the reasons why everyone else is beautiful and handsome . 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Members

As you age, you'd stop thinking about it because there is no real definite of recanting past hurts and blames

I remembered someone told me that I'm a Cancer when I was a teenager. 

I think its because i don't want to follow their footsteps.

Harsh words to say to  a 15 year old.

Edited by Nightwriter

• Members
1 hour ago, Nightwriter said:

As you age, you'd stop thinking about it because there is no real definite of recanting past hurts and blames

I remembered someone told me that I'm a Cancer when I was a teenager. 

I think its because i don't want to follow their footstep.

Harsh words to say to  a 15 year old.

The Irony is that they died from cancer a few years later and I'm living comfortably in the U.S.

The Lesson : People who are trying to destroy your self-image is because of jealousy. 

Isa sa katangian ng mga Filipino e yung crab mentality.  Pag hinahatak ka nila pababa habang umaakyat ka, sipain mo na lang sila para diretso kang makaakyat.

• Winner! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

High school, CAT. Our captain told the boys to go stand behind their crush cadette. I was infront (height matters) and at the corner of my eye I saw MY crush approaching. Heart is beating fast and I was sweating a lot. I could feel his presence behind me(so I thought!) I look back and readied a smile for him. He smiled back and said to the girl on my left "Dito ko sa likod mo ha." Mas maganda ako kay ate kaya.

🤣😉

Pwede din to sa most embarrassing.

• 2 months later...