Jump to content

Talk to the Admin Here ​😇​ What Can I Do For You?


Do Good Things

607 views

Hello. What can I do for you? 😇 If you have any questions regarding Stars! just ask me here. I made several "How to's" to guide new members. I plan on making more of these guides next week. If you find these instructions useful please "Like" by clicking on the heart. 😇

💠 How to change MY PROFILE PICTURE?
💠 Where is MY PROFILE PAGE?
💠 How do I make MY STATUS?
💠 How to SEND A MESSAGE to Another Member?
💠 How to REPORT A BAD CONTENT?
💠 How to SEE MEMBERS SIGNATURES?

  • Like 2

39 Comments


Recommended Comments



  • Administrators
21 minutes ago, brandon1216 said:

YGPM admin. 😁

What can I do for you Brandon? Welcome to Stars!
I don't communicate through Private Messaging. It get's me in trouble. If it's really a private matter we can think of something.

Burn bright!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Members

It’s actually a problem with my mtc account. I get the 500 internal server error when trying to revalidate my new email. Lol. I can’t message the admins and tried to email but to no avail. 😅

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Administrators
25 minutes ago, brandon1216 said:

It’s actually a problem with my mtc account. I get the 500 internal server error when trying to revalidate my new email. Lol. I can’t message the admins and tried to email but to no avail. 😅

Tonight! fixed the email validation last December. They made an announcement about it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Members

I changed my registered email just this January. And sadly, still having the same 500 error until now. I can still log in, however I have very limited access (no access to forums and no messaging capability). 
 

I apologize for bringing it up here, since I really do not have any other means of access to the admins aside from a couple of emails I sent with no reply yet.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Members

Hi. Suggestion, can we post the board/forum guidelines here. 

For example, what constitutes adult content. When does it become too revealing? Does the board allow advertising services publicly or in private? What is a bad content?

As we grow bigger, disputes and misunderstandings might arise. How do we manage disputes? Are personal  "comments" on conflicting opinions allowed? What warnings or sanctions do we face?

Also, what is the purpose and vision of the board? How do we differentiate ourselves from tonight?

Sorry for the long post. I'd like to fully support this board but I'm honestly confused and worried this may end up as a marketplace (sorry for the lack of a better word). 

Thank you in advance for the clarifications/response/action.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Administrators

Thank you for giving me the chance to answer the hard questions.

The content structure will automatically differentiate Stars! from Tonight! We don't have the subsections that Tonight! is infamous for. Stars! will not host adult topics. Profiles will be in the each accounts page, not as threads in a subsection. Members can also make blogs that they have 100% control.

The website has an auto moderating feature that removes bad content. A bad content is removed when it gets reported by 3 different members. For now its 3 but will be adjusted when it gets misused. A bad content will be based on the community's tolerance level.

Because of its increased membership Tonight! generates high traffic. The server needs to be upgraded and then relocated to a better data center. Current advertising deals need to be augmented with Google Ads in order for Tonight! to grow, but Google doesn't like adult websites. This is the purpose of Manilastars. Stars! will host all the monetizable content from Tonight! thereby generating Google Ads.

More to come...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Members

Thank you!

So with the reporting feature, the community can self regulate the board. Is my understanding correct? 

So we can all be aligned as to what kind of content to report, maybe we can list down what is allowed/not allowed. As we also all have different tolerance levels.

What might seem like a violation to one, might not be a violation to another.  

Thank you!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Administrators

Since the purpose of this website is to generate Google Ads, this means we will calibrate tolerance levels based on what Google Ads defines as adult content. I will cut and paste Google Ads guidelines in a few hours from now. Thanks Viola. Continue to burn bright!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Members

The Hotels and Destinations disappeared from Tonight and I don’t see it here.  Will it eventually move here including all of the topics previously under this category?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Administrators
5 hours ago, Dodo said:

The Hotels and Destinations disappeared from Tonight and I don’t see it here.  Will it eventually move here including all of the topics previously under this category?

Yes It will be moved here. Let me know if you want to help move a few threads.

Link to comment
  • Members
10 hours ago, Do Good Things said:

Yes It will be moved here. Let me know if you want to help move a few threads.

Thanks.  I will let you know.   Will all the posted photos move over.  For example, there were lots of good photos in My Travel Photos.  Are they going yo move over?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Administrators

Brod (Daniel), for efficiency I'll copy paste the announcement. The info is already there. We're making rules "on the fly". Tayo tayo lang naman dito. 🙂

  • Winner! 1
Link to comment
  • Administrators

The long term goal of Stars! is to accommodate all the non-adult topics found in Tonight! You may copy existing threads so that the discussion will continue here. When copying a topic please include in your first post the original author of the topic and the date it was originally started. Below is an example:

2130437588_ScreenShot2020-12-21at6_05_58PM.thumb.png.46e0fe2a7b16e652a38bbf98160470ee.png

 

The original thread in Tonight! will not be deleted and it will be locked for posterity. All future discussions regarding the topic will be continued here. 

Link to comment
  • Administrators
8 hours ago, Dodo said:

Thanks.  I will let you know.   Will all the posted photos move over.  For example, there were lots of good photos in My Travel Photos.  Are they going yo move over?

Brod (Dodo) I typed a long response a few minutes ago but I accidentally pressed the back button! haha.

Photos and posts will have to be manually copied over. Sayang talaga the photos but rebuilding the database from scratch will be cleaner and more efficient. The old DB used by Tonight! is 2015 tech. The original threads will be locked and will be retained, will be accessible by members.

Regarding the photos you want, just copy them over here, just pick the ones you think will inspire others to also re-post their own pics. We don't have to copy pages and pages and pages of posts by other members.

To recap,

  1. Just copy the thread title
  2. In the first post just put the thread starter and the date
  3. Copy the first post.
  4. (optional) You can copy posts in the same thread, maybe select conflicting posts to start the conversation.
  5. (optional) You can also select good pics like the Travel Pics.
Link to comment
  • Members
Dodo

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, Do Good Things said:

The long term goal of Stars! is to accommodate all the non-adult topics found in Tonight! You may copy existing threads so that the discussion will continue here. When copying a topic please include in your first post the original author of the topic and the date it was originally started. Below is an example:

2130437588_ScreenShot2020-12-21at6_05_58PM.thumb.png.46e0fe2a7b16e652a38bbf98160470ee.png

 

The original thread in Tonight! will not be deleted and it will be locked for posterity. All future discussions regarding the topic will be continued here. 

That’s not the case for Hotels and Destinations.  The old topics are no longer in Tonight.  So, there is no way to figure out which individual topics we would like to copy.  That’s unfortunate because there were many good and very popular topics under Hotels and Destinations.

Edited by Dodo
Link to comment
  • Administrators

OK I'll ask Bizman to open the Hotels and Destinations... standby

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

That’s not the case for Hotels and Destinations.  The old topics are no longer in Tonight.  So, there is no way to figure out which individual topics we would like to copy.

 

Link to comment
  • Administrators

The Hotels and Destinations Section has been opened. And, the old threads resurrected, but still locked. 

Link to comment
  • Members
27 minutes ago, Do Good Things said:

The Hotels and Destinations Section has been opened. And, the old threads resurrected, but still locked. 

Great.  I’ll take a look.  Thanks for your help

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Members
Dodo

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Do Good Things said:

The Hotels and Destinations Section has been opened. And, the old threads resurrected, but still locked. 

I wanted to copy My Travel Photos which covered anywhere around the world but I could not find an appropriate place to put it.  Any suggestions?  The available threads were too specific to a continent.  Also, from the ones I saw, there was no category that covered the Carribean.

Maybe, instead of creating a forum category of More Fun in the Philippines, you can just create a category titled Travel under the Lifestyles forum.  Then, let members create topics related to travel under that.  It doesn’t make sense to have a forum called More Fun in the Philippines and then have a topic called Top Destinations Around the World under it.

Edited by Dodo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Administrators

I agree that Top Destinations Around The World is not supposed to be inside More Fun in the Philippines.

But here is the reason why I want to have a More Fun in the Phils section. For Google Ads. It's the textbook example of letting money dictate the direction of the endeavor. Hey! We're a bright bunch, we can figure this out. We can have another Main Category - Top Destinations Around the World - and have continents as sub categs. But if we do that...

OK. What if we have

Top Destinations Around The World

  • More Fun in the PH
  • Asia
  • Europe
  • North Am
  • etc.

what do you think? It's a work in progress, we can change anytime haha. Tayo tayo lang naman dito.

 

Link to comment
  • Members
21 minutes ago, Do Good Things said:

I agree that Top Destinations Around The World is not supposed to be inside More Fun in the Philippines.

But here is the reason why I want to have a More Fun in the Phils section. For Google Ads. It's the textbook example of letting money dictate the direction of the endeavor. Hey! We're a bright bunch, we can figure this out. We can have another Main Category - Top Destinations Around the World - and have continents as sub categs. But if we do that...

OK. What if we have

Top Destinations Around The World

  • More Fun in the PH
  • Asia
  • Europe
  • North Am
  • etc.

what do you think? It's a work in progress, we can change anytime haha. Tayo tayo lang naman dito.

 

Yeah, pwede na siguro yan.  Let’s try

Link to comment
  • Members
9 hours ago, Do Good Things said:

I agree that Top Destinations Around The World is not supposed to be inside More Fun in the Philippines.

But here is the reason why I want to have a More Fun in the Phils section. For Google Ads. It's the textbook example of letting money dictate the direction of the endeavor. Hey! We're a bright bunch, we can figure this out. We can have another Main Category - Top Destinations Around the World - and have continents as sub categs. But if we do that...

OK. What if we have

Top Destinations Around The World

  • More Fun in the PH
  • Asia
  • Europe
  • North Am
  • etc.

what do you think? It's a work in progress, we can change anytime haha. Tayo tayo lang naman dito.

 

Can you just add My Travel Photos under Top Destinations around the world?  I don’t have access to create the topic at this level.  I am only allowed to create a topic under each continent.  I think it is best if there is just one place sharing travel photos just like it was in Tonight.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...