• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

Community Pantry And The Ayuda System

• Members

The "Ayuda System" may even cause spikes on places where they require them to go to a specified place and line up by the hundreds if not thousands to get the max 4k financial help. Our family was not listed, not gonna complain as our jobs were stable even in this pandemic. But... How are they choosing who to get? I have colleagues with wages higher than mine but they are getting Ayuda from the Govt.

• Like 3

• Members

The absence of an updated list of Philippine citizens with relevant details especially banking related is one of the reasons we're stuck with the system of people having to physically go out to get government financial assistance.  Plain inefficient and dangerous in a pandemic environment.

The concept of a community pantry's OK, but some people have started putting meaning into the project and that have caught the attention of those in government, who are itching to red tag.  As much as everybody's entitled to their own opinion, this is one instance wherein it's best that they should have shut themselves up and promote the concept.

• Like 2

• Members

Me and my cousins are starting one as well. We reached out to people we know, and in less than a day we have more donations than what we can handle. So we are enlisting the help of our church to set this up. We havent even started and we already received overwhelming response from people who want to help.

• Like 2
  • Winner! 1

• Members

An update on the community pantry..

1) we launched ours last saturday, coordinated with the church and in less than an hour, the pantry is empty.

2) as me and my cousins are all working, we cannot sustain manning the pantry, so we directed all donations to our church and they are the ones handling it. We still get an overwhelming amount of donations on a daily basis but those are all directed to the church now.

3) 3 other independent pantries opened up in our community. These are organized by individuals unlike ours where the church oversees our donations.

4) our barangay captain wants all organizers to coordinate with them for supposedly implementing health protocols. I answered them how they can implement it when their own tanods and kagawads no longer wear face masks and face shields. Many members of the community also reminded our kapitan hownhe gathered our neighbors to raffle off "bikes" for his youtube channels before starting to give out the 4k ayuda.

5) organizers informed him that they dont want to mix charity with politics.

Here are some photos of our pantry last saturday. The church helped us maintain social distancing, they did crowd control and most importantly, they kept people out of the sun by providing them shade. 

IMG20210424092347.jpg

IMG20210424092355.jpg

IMG20210424092333.jpg

IMG20210424092339.jpg

IMG20210424092653.jpg

• Like 1