• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

Being "In Love" - How Long does the Feeling Last?

• 10 months later...
  • Members
On 12/28/2021 at 11:44 PM, ken kanek1 said:

its your choice to stay that makes the difference

This. You come into the relationship probably because you were attracted by something superficial - their appearance, their kindness, their life choices - but ultimately it’s up to you to decide whether or not you want to continue the relationship after you get to know the person.

Do you wish to see their smile next to you every morning of every day?

Do you worry when they get sick? Do you want to cheer them up when they’re feeling down? Do you wish to support them in whatever they do?

That’s love. A continuing commitment.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I think that Love isn’t love if you don’t give all that you have. I loved somebody for a long time and he and I were not on the same page. I gave up my career and became a housewife for sometime  until he found somebody else who gives him more than what I have given. We parted ways, despite of that I still think he’s a genius in writing copies and admired by his peers - and sometimes when people ask me about personal stuff, I’d say that he’s very self absorbed. 

The next time I’d fall in love, it will be different, my greatest love affair would be with a man who is a giver not a receiver. 

• Winner! 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...