• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

Your Gaming Autobiography - How You Started Your Gaming Life

• Do Better changed the title to Your Gaming Autobiography - How You Started Your Gaming Life
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Started with Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, Contra and Battle City but played sporadically. Got into hardcore gaming when I first had a PC and went through burning hours in Counter Strike, NBA Live (more famous than 2K at the time), Warcraft, Battle Realms, Command and Conquer, Diablo and later on Ragnarok Online (yes, the one where you have to buy load to play). Several years later found myself spending more time in DOTA and more MMORPGs (Lineage, RAN, Cabal, Grand Chase, etc.). 

• Like 1

• Members

🙂

I had an Atari. I would play whatever is in the 64-in-1 cartridge.  Mostly the battlestar galactica, contra, pacman, skiing(forgot the name).

Then my uncle bought a family computer for my cousin and we started playing tetris.

Eventually, mom bought my first desktop when I was in highschool and I can spend long nights playing minesweeper.

Then, I discovered MMORPG.  First MMORPG bus Pirate King Online. Then moved to Rose Online, Perfect World, etc.  Fast forward years after, I started playing Cabal.

Im.now a retired "gamer". 

• Like 1

• Members

Started with a Game and Watch (super mario) that was passed on to me when I was a kid, then Gameboy. After that, comes the Sega and Snes console. Then of course, the very first PlayStation. I can still recall when it first came, it was totally mind boggling! Then I got exposed with PC gaming (half-life, CS), the reason why I didn't get to play with PS2 that much, and made me actually skip the PS3 lol!

Pretty much, I'm a more of a PC gamer, but I do appreciate (and have) the Playstation console mainly because of its exclusive titles. And I'm planning to get my hands on that PS5 once the exclusive titles that I'm waiting for comes out. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

started on super mario on NES then the gameboy with pokemon yellow version and the other version which suicune is the mascot and the playstation with DBZ final bout and metal gear solid. never reached the PS2 because of red alert 2 and yuri's revenge to starcraft, warcraft, battle realms and the dawn of the MMORPG. Ragnarok Online and that day on, i only play games in PC

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Started gaming with these titles;

Super Mario Brother

Tetris

Battle City

Contra

Eventually had a taste of PS1 Games like Megaman, Final Fantasy Series, and who can forget...PEPSI MAN! Also.got the chance to play a bit of Mario cart on SNES and in N64. Was fortunate enough to own a GB Color back in the day so Pokémon titles were a must, and the rest is history.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I stared with Nintendo Family Computer but we never owned one. I just borrow mostly from classmates and cousins. 

The first real console I owned was a GameBoy that my mom bought for me when I was in HS. 

The first console I bought out of my own money was a second-hand PS1. I've been a PS fan ever since. 

I also play PC and mobile games but currently, my PS4 is my favorite source of video game entertainment.