• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

Answers to Uncomfortable Questions

• Administrators

How much is your salary? - How do you answer this? This is the place if you want to know how to answer uncomfortable questions. You can share your style on how to wiggle your way out of sticky situations.

So, how do you answer "How much is your salary"? If you really don't care about the person asking, you could just tell them that you're paid the industry standard, a little bit higher if you want to brag, or say a little bit lower if you detect a 'buy me a beer" sentence in the next few seconds. Since they are asking, it means they have no idea. The ball is yours. To take the situation and turn it to your favor... build reputation maybe, or take the opportunity to be lowkey. An interesting conversation starter!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
22 hours ago, Do Better said:

How much is your salary? - How do you answer this? This is the place if you want to know how to answer uncomfortable questions. You can share your style on how to wiggle your way out of sticky situations.

So, how do you answer "How much is your salary"? If you really don't care about the person asking, you could just tell them that you're paid the industry standard, a little bit higher if you want to brag, or say a little bit lower if you detect a 'buy me a beer" sentence in the next few seconds. Since they are asking, it means they have no idea. The ball is yours. To take the situation and turn it to your favor... build reputation maybe, or take the opportunity to be lowkey. An interesting conversation starter!

Appreciate the post mate!

So what is my reply? It's typically  your very neutral and almost cookie-cutter - Not nearly enough. 🙂

And they may ask back How much is enough? And my last reply would be, How much do you think is enough? That way. it ends with whatever reply they give. 🙂