• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

• Administrators

The internet has all the answers. Any first-hand experience with actually being a vegetarian? I tried it when I was in high school, my father said it was a good decision, encouraged me. You can be a vegetarian at 15, I did, I was in charge of the kitchen. Walang komontra hehe.

• Do Better changed the title to Hi Protein Food For Vegetarians
  • Administrators

My second favorite source of vegetarian protein is Rice. 7g per 250g (1 cup serving) Asians love rice. This is a no brainer. Eat rice!1013518100_ScreenShot2021-04-28at9_19_48PM.png.6a2044051dc82e780361c6f661006f69.png

my source

Now, if you really want to maximize your protein you can eat your rice raw! It will give you double the protein! Parboiled rice, do a search 🙂

• Administrators

Spirulina - an edible blue-green algae that grows in alkaline lakes in sub-tropical areas. Historically gathered and dried directly from the lake by the ancient Aztecs. If it's got a touch of ancient in it, I'm in 🙂 It has 4g per 7g(tablespoon serving)715411259_ScreenShot2021-04-28at9_51_12PM.png.64209780e781a08eda1eee9dc2a926de.png

This protein source comes in powdered form, with dosage measured in tablespoons, not tablets. Don't buy the tablets if you want to benefit from the supplement. You mix a tablespoon of this into your coffee, kidding. This is mixed with green juice or shakes.   

• Administrators

I just listed 4 but there are more vegetarian protein sources. The list below contains my unfavorite sources or protein simply because you can't eat them in large amounts. Who eats a cup peanuts regularly? 

Seitan, Tempeh, Edamame, Lentils, Beans, Chia, Yeast, etc.

• Members
12 hours ago, Do Better said:

Tofu from Soybean curds has 10g protein per half cup serving (124g). Easy to cook and absorbs flavors well. 183261615_ScreenShot2021-04-28at10_09_46PM.png.213788466039ff6958dd0c1b4479067d.png

I am in love with tofu. I could eat tofu everyday. Im not vegetarian or vegan though. 

• Members
13 hours ago, Do Better said:

Top Protein Food Sources For Vegetarians and Vegans

First on the list is Oats or Oatmeal. 16g of protein in Quaker Instant Oatmeal (100g serving)134886797_ScreenShot2021-04-28at9_13_26PM.png.4e2e6b1d6d86d596174937ab810a3942.png

here's my source

As someone highly dependent on easy to prepare food, is rolled oats better than the instant oatmeal? It is also perfect for making overnight oats.

• Members
11 hours ago, Do Better said:

Bonus - SOY MILK has 7g of protein per cup (240ml). Will not give you lactose issues, you can mix in your spirulina powder. If you have your favorites please share them here. No wrong or right reply. Stay healthy 🙂

Maybe i should try going vegan.. i prefer soy milk over regular milk. What's the protein content of almond milk?