• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

• Members

When we talk about health, we default to the physical aspect. How to lose weight or how to be fit? Which exercises or diets are effective?

But we seldom talk about mental health. 

This thread aims to shed light to different mental health issues, triggers and support.

If you are experiencing a particularly bad day, this can serve as an outlet to air your thoughts out.

• Sad 1

• Members

I'll start.

I am depressed. I haven't been clinically diagnosed but im seeing a counselor for me to manage my depression.

Why, because one day I said to myself, wouldn't it be nice if im dead.  That's when i know i needed to seek help first from a counselor.

There are bad days and good days. Most days are just tolerable. 

I wake up knowing that today is going to be bad. If i wake up without the feeling of loneliness, then I know it'll be a good day.. but how long will it remain good 

I have learned my triggers and i try to avoid them. 

One if the things i experience is the quick change in emotions. I am quick to anger and sadness. However, it is a struggle to be happy. 

For example, today is a bad day for me. I woke up at 330am, with this feeling of loneliness and i started crying. I know what triggered it.

With no one to talk to at this hour, i turn to tonight or stars to air out my thoughts.

Hence, i started this thread. 

Do you also experience bad days like i do?

To add, my counselor said, i should practice self care and i am confused. What is self care? That could be for another topic though.

• Sad 3

• Members

Hang in there. There’s truth to the saying “life is a wheel that goes round and round, sometimes your up, sometimes your down” all we have to do is hold our breath when we’re down and wish that soon we will be up 🙂 

• Like 2

• Members
On 3/4/2021 at 4:53 AM, Viola said:

wouldn't it be nice if im dead.

Oh, this sentiment/thought crosses my mind more often than I'd like to count. Most of the time, I sleep it off because the last time I sought "semi" professional help, they prescribed antidepressants that made me wish I was more dead than usual.

On 3/4/2021 at 4:53 AM, Viola said:

Do you also experience bad days like i do?

Oh, yes, but lately, it's not that bad as it used to. I've got WandaVision to thank for that.

On 3/4/2021 at 7:14 AM, Mars said:

“life is a wheel that goes round and round, sometimes your up, sometimes your down”

This is true but then again, I'm one of those very impatient people that have felt the damn wheel sure is taking its sweet time to turn.

• Sad 1

• Members

Today is a bad day. Yesterday was worse.

I dont know what else i can give. No matter what i do, it is never enough.

Last night, i cried myself to sleep. I spent today painting to numb myself. 

The sad thing is that instead of being your support... Its your own family that breaks you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Members
On 3/3/2021 at 2:53 PM, Viola said:

I'll start.

Why, because one day I said to myself, wouldn't it be nice if im dead.  That's when i know i needed to seek help first from a counselor....

... With no one to talk to at this hour, i turn to tonight or stars to air out my thoughts.

I can't say I know how you feel or what you are going trough. But I know it's something real and a true struggle to find that thinnest thread  or sliver of light to believe in the beauty of life and that it's worth living.  Hang in there.  

Vincent  (Starry Starry Night)- Joanna Wang

• Like 1

• Members

When I feel depression setting in.  I start creating/building or working on things. It doesn't matter how small or how complex it is and before the project gets done, my bout of depression has already dissipated. More importantly, I'm left with a product that may be functional or not but still give me a sense of accomplishing something.

That's how I cope or should I say turn the tables on depression. 🙂

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
On 3/10/2021 at 10:44 AM, Viola said:

I paint. But there are days that are so bad that even painting doesn't work. 

I know what you mean; my primary coping mechanism involves copious amounts of video games. I'm an RTS nut, but there are times that even five hours of Company of Heroes just won't cut it for me.