• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

Do You Like Your Name? Why Do You Think Screen Names Were Invented?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My birthname sucks because my younger cousins have the same name as I do. My screen name resonates a TV show I’ve watched when I was a kid. I like my screen name a lot because my work entails towards those ungodly hours and yonder.

Screen names are used to make us more accessible in the Internet world, maybe someone who has the same interests as yours.

Edited by Nightwriter
  • Like 1

• Members

I like the name my parents gave me as it gives me my unique identity. 

My screen name echoes my personality... that my life is a book and each day is a fresh page to be filled with hopefully interesting and relevant things to make my life sort of a "best seller" 😄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My real name? It's...Ok I guess. One wanted me to have a decent name, while the other one wanted to give me a name that was popular during those times. It was popular since most I share that name with some kf my friends and other strangers who were born during that year. 

Screen name, if depends on how one uses it. You either think of something generic, where you can blend in with the crowd. Either use that to troll or lurk every corners on the internet. As for me, I chose this one coming from a specific item that I really wanted back in the day and Transformers. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...