• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

Best VPN Reviews

• Members

VPN or Virtual Private Network allows users to access country specific blocked content. You connect to websites through a special connection provided by your VPN of choice. As a side effect you become anonymous since your IP will appear to be different from your real IP. Like in this forum for example. When you login to Stars! your IP is recorded (every website records your IP even FB and Google and Apple). Your IP can be traced in coordination with your Internet Provider. It's a long tedious legal process but they can trace your address if they really want to. Remember, that your Internet Provider has your identity in their records when you applied for DSL or Mobile a mobile data plan.

To avoid your IP being recorded when you visit websites make sure you have your VPN software running in the background. You don't have to do anything but click on a button, you're anonymous! It would also help if you use a fictitious email when you setup your fictitious user account on your laptop.

The most famous VPNs are: ExpressVPN, Nord VPN, Sufshark - I recommend ExpressVPN since I use that. There are cheap VPNs and like everything in this world, you get what you pay for.

Let me know your thoughts, ask me questions. I'm happy to help 🙂

• Like 1

• Do Better changed the title to VPN - Anonymous Access to Blocked Content?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Do Better changed the title to Best VPN Reviews 2021
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Summary: Not reliable compared to ExpressVPN

I unsubscribed to CyberGhost VPN after 2 weeks of using it. Their service is "hit and miss", sometimes you connect to the specific server you want, sometimes you get connected randomly to other servers in another country. For some users this is just OK, but for some who require connecting to specific locations, this wont work. Some websites also do not fully load.

Here's my goodbye letter to them

Hi There. I REALLY wanted to like CyberGhost but I just find the connections not reliable. Sometimes I am able to connect to a server that I want, but sometimes I just get connected randomly to other servers in other countries that I did not select. I like the fact that you have so many servers with so many IPs. But selecting specific servers just doesn't work sometimes. Also, some websites in the USA doesn't fully load. I will subscribe again once you have this fixed. Please let me know.

• Like 1

• Members
2 hours ago, Do Better said:

I unsubscribed to CyberGhost VPN after 2 weeks of using it. Their service is "hit and miss", sometimes you connect to the specific server you want, sometimes you get connected randomly to other servers in another country. For some users this is just OK, but for some who require connecting to specific locations, this wont work. Some websites also do not fully load.

Thanks for this. Was considering this one to be able to connect with minimal or at least bearable ping to North American servers on Apex but it looks like not anymore.

What happened to ExpressVPN that prompted the switch in the first place?

• Like 1

• Do Better changed the title to Best VPN Reviews
  • Do Better featured this topic
  • Do Better unfeatured this topic
  • 1 year later...