• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

Moving On - Share Your Experiences and Tips on How to Bounce Back

• Members

Thread started by K0RN - RETIR3D on 16 March 2019 - 10:39 PM

Whether moving on from a Failed Relationship.
Whether moving on after being Rejected.
Whether moving on after finding out that He/Shes been cheating on you.
Moving on is really hard and painful.
Sometimes it gives you scars for you to realize that there are things that arent meant for you.
Ive been there. Ive done that.
When will I feel this again? Only time can tell.

150498373_ScreenShot2020-11-26at9_26_13AM.thumb.png.87349b49a67ca7906bc882cfeb765bbe.png

Edited by Love and Relationship
  • Like 3

• Love and Relationship changed the title to Moving On - Share Your Experiences and Tips on How to Bounce Back
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Ok... Moving on. I've moved on so many times in the past 

1) my ex cheated on me several times. At one point, he even asked if he can court another woman while we are still in a relationship. He eventually went back to his ex and I treated him as someone who is dead to me. I didn't really move on fully right after. I lost interest in men and in dating. Until I just gave up on finding someone... I still haven't found anyone new. 

I knew I finally moved on when my ex reached out to me after 5years. He said he is a new man and he apologized. I realized, I don't need to forgive and forget him. I just don't care about his existence anymore. That's when I knew I moved on. 

2) several times, I was rejected and insulted. I sulked. Sometimes I cried. Especially when they make me feel ugly.  Then after a day or two, I just forget about it. Most of those who rejected me, I was only starting to see as friends.  I guess some expected more than friendship and got disappointed that Im not their type. FYI, most of the time they are also not my type.

Edited by Viola
Correction
  • Like 1

• Members

1. Cry if you must. Shout and curse if you want to. Let it all out... But never invite an alcohol in. It will always be a temporary getaway when you get an alcohol involved. 

2. Take a breather. Isolate yourself or hibernate for a while. It will help to clear dark clouds hovering over you. Maybe this is a chance to discover new things you've held yourself back from doing before. It's your road to take now, so enjoy! 

3. The trimester of it will always be the hardest part. You're just starting to pick up the pieces and have no idea how or where to start. If you're taking months and years, so be it. Because what's important is you bouncing back being all try to yourself. There are others out there who'd fake their recoveries and these are risky ones. Usually they get themselves involved with a new relationship with another person without having really crossed the other side of the bridge, and they end up hurting that person in the process because there's the stigma of the past.

4. Self preservation. This is one thing I'd always, and always, remind my friends and myself. It's a process, and may take long, but the result is very much rewarding. As you take your time doing this, you also surround yourself with more positive vibes, and begin caring and loving your self all the more. You will even encounter self discoveries, those uncharted regions within you. 

5. Don't be afraid. It's your story to write anyway. 

A. Don't be afraid to take a step on your own. 

B. Don't be afraid to watch a movie all by yourself

C. Don't be afraid to dine by yourself. 

D. Don't be afraid to travel the world by yourself.

And you'll be surprised as to how you'd blossom to another kind of flower. You'll normally exude this beautiful aura that is noticeable. And by then, maybe it's time to take on another chapter... 

• Like 3

• Members
1 hour ago, sOin2you said:

1. Cry if you must. Shout and curse if you want to. Let it all out... But never invite an alcohol in. It will always be a temporary getaway when you get an alcohol involved. 

2. Take a breather. Isolate yourself or hibernate for a while. It will help to clear dark clouds hovering over you. Maybe this is a chance to discover new things you've held yourself back from doing before. It's your road to take now, so enjoy! 

3. The trimester of it will always be the hardest part. You're just starting to pick up the pieces and have no idea how or where to start. If you're taking months and years, so be it. Because what's important is you bouncing back being all try to yourself. There are others out there who'd fake their recoveries and these are risky ones. Usually they get themselves involved with a new relationship with another person without having really crossed the other side of the bridge, and they end up hurting that person in the process because there's the stigma of the past.

4. Self preservation. This is one thing I'd always, and always, remind my friends and myself. It's a process, and may take long, but the result is very much rewarding. As you take your time doing this, you also surround yourself with more positive vibes, and begin caring and loving your self all the more. You will even encounter self discoveries, those uncharted regions within you. 

5. Don't be afraid. It's your story to write anyway. 

A. Don't be afraid to take a step on your own. 

B. Don't be afraid to watch a movie all by yourself

C. Don't be afraid to dine by yourself. 

D. Don't be afraid to travel the world by yourself.

And you'll be surprised as to how you'd blossom to another kind of flower. You'll normally exude this beautiful aura that is noticeable. And by then, maybe it's time to take on another chapter... 

I hope you are the same soin2you from tonight. Welcome to stars. I'm sure the forum has become at least 2x better with you contributing content to it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Never Cry . They left you not the other way around

Immerse yourself with work ( Get Promoted and Raised in Salary in the Process ) ,Breaking up is a strong Motivator  

Do the things you normally do together , the sooner you get over it , the better

Never rant in public on  FB , Instagram , or other Social MEdia , only fools do that 

Talk to your family , they might not understand  but they will be always be there

hang out with friends ( Live ones and On line Ones ) unsolicited opinions from impartial parties gives you perspective

Take up a hobby where it will occupy your thoughts and time 

if its works for you  drink and consume Tanduay in massive quantities in the confines of your home 

Maintain communication with your ex friends and relatives 

be a better person by offering the hand of friendship despite of everything that happen 

If you can afford it , Travel  , Travel.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

you need to help yourself kasi wala din namang ibang tutulong sa iyo kundi sarili mo lang din. your family will always be there, your true friends will be there but end of the day, you need to be there for yourself lang din. sa iba madali, sa iba din mahirap.

• Members

with the thought that you should not have assumed but trusted your gut. he treats everyone the same way. you are just another number, interchangeable. one should know by then.  nothing is that simple but it isn't that complicated,  too. when you get to love yourself, you do better.

Edited by BeachAddict

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok lang malungkot, umiyak. Sus. You're human afterall! Pero pagkatapos nyan tama na ha, last mo na yan. Kung quota ka na pahinga ka muna, magpalakas. Magpaganda/magpagwapo. Feel good about yourself. There was a time that you were happy being single. Wala naman sya nun diba? Go back to yourself and enjoy!