• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

What Do You Miss Most About Your Life Before the Pandemic?

• Members

Your life before the pandemic struck. What do you miss most? Do any moments stand out to you? Do you have any videos or photos that you want to share? Is there anything from your pre-pandemic life that you feel you took for granted? Are there things that you might appreciate more after the pandemic ends?

I'm teary-eyed actually.

• Like 4

• Members

I think the thing i miss the most is Not to F Care about wearing this stupid mask. We've come long ways from the Spanish flu and with the technology that we have currently in the bacterial studies and the medical field, I'm wondering why it took months to figure into making the vaccine. Or worse, it could be political motivated. To be honest, ( in my most humble opinion) people look stupid wearing a mask!

Has anyone ever told you " Hey Sugar, your mask looks, sexy! Where did you get that from?".

Secondly, the education of our children is faltering. How the do they learn through online education? I wouldn't bat an eyelash if i'd tell the school Principal to have my daughter repeat 5th Grade because Guys, we have to be kidding ourselves - Most kids won't give a rat's bum about school unless they see their friends! 

Thirdly, the parties. Currently the Mayor from the City of Pines resigned because of Tim Yap's flamboyant party. I miss the parties but why isn't Tim Yap should be given a week stay at the Baguio City Jail for none compliance? Why would the Mayor have to do this? Put Tim Yap in a cage so there! 

Lastly what do we miss the most? is to travel abroad and not care about F masks. To be able to stay in a hotel not to be discriminated on which state you're from. Especially in New York City. 

A few months ago as i was about to check into my hotel, the concierge asked me where i came from and i said I'm  from the Midwest. New York City has strict regulations on banning people from several states for coming because of the surge of Covid 19. 

He looked at me and said " I hope you'd enjoy your stay". And handed me the paperwork and i rolled away with my luggage.

Despite of where i came from, it's still business as usual. 

• Like 1
  • Winner! 2

• Members

Travel is the big one.  I travelled a lot as you can tell from the photos I shared in My Travel Photos thread.  I’ve had the travel bug since I was young.  Right after graduating from college, I spent 60 days backpacking solo around Europe.  2020 was a tough year.  We had several travel plans that had to be cancelled.  We spent January and February in Manila.  Since we had a cruise scheduled for March, we had to return to the US.  Right after we got back to the US, the cruise line decided to cancel our cruise.  So, we just rescheduled it for October.   We also had a trip to visit Spain, Gibraltar and Morocco in May.  Hotels and airfare were already booked.  That too was cancelled.  We had a trip to Cartagena, Colombia scheduled for September and we decided to cancel that because Colombia had a very high covid rate.  The cruise we rescheduled for October was also cancelled by the cruise line.  After the cruise, we were going to head to Manila to spend a few weeks and we ended up postponing this until who knows when.  Right now, we are still waiting for the Philippines to ease the travel restrictions. As of today, the rule says we have to do a minimum of 14 days quarantine that’s if we test negative.  We have become so claustrophobic at home that we decided to do just a road trip and drive down to a Florida beach.  We picked a relatively unknown but beautiful place that I have been to before where covid rates are fairly low.  We are going to Navarre Beach next week.  A small consolation price for all the travel that got cancelled.  I can’t wait for this stupid pandemic to be over so we can get back to traveling again.

• Like 1