• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

Your Book Collection - What's in Your Library?

• Members

All Paperback novels of

Robert Ludlum / Jonathan Ryder 

Tom Clancy 

Frederick Forsythe

Allistair MAclain / Ian Stuart

John Le Carre

Ian Fleming ( early Works ) 

and 

HArdy Boys by Edward Stratemeyer

Edited by Kharnall
  • Like 1

• Members

I still have my copy of Og Mandino's The Greatest Salesman in the World. I have the following on my reading list:

The Archer [paperback] (Coelho)

Start with Why [paperback] (Sinek)

Subtle Art.. [paperback] (Manson)

and a whole lot e-books (Kindle/PDF)

• Like 2

• Members

When I was in college, I had around 2k+ books in my "collection"..

Yes I hoarded. The books include those raunchy romance novels, sweet valley high series (I had over a hundred), choose your own adventure. Things I collected during my pre teen days.  Then, I started collecting classics in high school (reading requirements) .. shakespeare, jane austen, george elliot.  Bought science books too. Sherlock holmes series. Victor hugo. Catcher in the rye. 

Come college, I was reading more engineering and mathematics textbooks. But I read 6 fiction books a month and that added to my collection. Jeffrey archer, james clavell, clancy, etc.

I had megaboxes and megaboxes full of my old books.

Then my mom had the great idea of doing a general cleaning and I had to get rid of everything... Except for very few select pieces. So I kept my harry potter books and the rest I had to sell at a garage sale or donate. 

Now I just have ebooks, but starting to rebuild my physical "library".. I am now reading "Originals" by Adam Grant because I'm a grown up. 

Edited by Viola
Book title correction
  • Like 1

• Do Better changed the title to Your Book Collection - What's in Your Library?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 1/8/2021 at 11:28 AM, Viola said:

When I was in college, I had around 2k+ books in my "collection"..

Yes I hoarded. The books include those raunchy romance novels, sweet valley high series (I had over a hundred), choose your own adventure. Things I collected during my pre teen days.  Then, I started collecting classics in high school (reading requirements) .. shakespeare, jane austen, george elliot.  Bought science books too. Sherlock holmes series. Victor hugo. Catcher in the rye. 

Come college, I was reading more engineering and mathematics textbooks. But I read 6 fiction books a month and that added to my collection. Jeffrey archer, james clavell, clancy, etc.

I had megaboxes and megaboxes full of my old books.

Then my mom had the great idea of doing a general cleaning and I had to get rid of everything... Except for very few select pieces. So I kept my harry potter books and the rest I had to sell at a garage sale or donate. 

Now I just have ebooks, but starting to rebuild my physical "library".. I am now reading "Originals" by Adam Grant because I'm a grown up. 

Thats Sad . 

When i move out and had my own house . i had all my books shipped here in Manila . closed to about 5 big boxes . i also inherited some of my fathers books . 

im worried about paper decay . 

this books have special value to me . 

they make up about 20 % of my childhood and Teen memories 

some of my fond memories are associated to those books

• Like 2

• Members
9 hours ago, Kharnall said:

this books have special value to me . 

they make up about 20 % of my childhood and Teen memories 

some of my fond memories are associated to those books

Brother, there's airtight plastic boxes for sale in Lazada. With rubber lining in the cover. Maybe you want to add to cart and wait for 11.11 sale or any sale. If you can stop air from getting into your books, that might preserve them longer. Welcome back! Nawala ka for a few days 🙂

Edited by Ice
  • Like 1