• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

Culture Shock! - What's Your Most Shocking?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Culture shock is moving to the United States. And working with different people in different states. Understanding accents in different regions. ( Call center people can relate)

The portions of food are HUGE and inexpensive. Unfortunately this country doesn't have fat pigs, pork is too lean. 

Taxes are different in every state. The most expensive is living in Los Angeles. You have to pay for up to $10k a year in California. My tax is a measly $1400 every end of the year, it includes my cars, my home, the school and the school bus.

Another thing also there are people who had never gone to school EVER even if the public school system is relatively free for every kid who is willing to get up in the morning. 

Lastly the fetishizing of Asian women lead me to very interesting experiences, frequently being glared at all the time by women and being stared by young and old men.

Edited by Nightwriter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Brunei (2015) - Only married couples (man and woman) are allowed to be seen together in public. If you are seen in public and accosted by police and you can't show proof of marriage you are immediately brought to the nearest precinct where they will call your parents or any relative to fetch you for first offenders. In addition, by 10pm all shops, stores, malls and business district are already closed.  Goodluck walking out in the streets during that time.

Edited by neo4217