• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

Being "In Love" - How Long does the Feeling Last?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

That giddy feeling will fade as soon as the superficial facade made by a person starts to break down. Lets admit it, when we meet someone new, especially if you see this person as someone you will be romantically involve with, we always put our best foot forward, trying to impress this person with either material things or displaying attitudes that we think this person will find attractive. But as soon as we get comfortable, we slip up and our true self will show. Thats why we always hear “sa simula ka lang pala magaling” 😅

part 2 to follow... 😁

• Like 1

• Members

Around two weeks... We are talking about the "feeling" of being in love right? Not the actual "state" of being in love.  So I guess it will average two weeks, until you see the flaws and things you don't like. 

I'm basing this on online interactions. I read somewhere that a chat interaction usually have an average lifespan of two weeks. During that time, we see our chatmates as someone interesting... Maybe someone we can be romantic or intimate with. Then the more you get to know each other, you see that they are not really your type. Or that there is something wrong with them. Maybe he/she has stalker tendencies, or too clingy, or too conceited.  Then that kilig feeling goes away and you end up talking/chatting less and less... Or in some cases ghosting one another.

• Like 1

• Members

If some says I feel I'm in love... then it's just infatuation, or hormones, or testorone. 😄

Saying I'm  in love , if it's true,  is indeed a state of being that seeks the other persons affection as much as truly caring for their welfare and well being.  

• Like 1

• Administrators

If by definition of "being in love" means you'd give up your own life for that person, I'm still in love 🙂 I'd jump into the fire, put myself in the line of fire, push to the side from a run away vehicle, and the ever popular scenes in the movies...

Manual Override switch 🙂

Guest pinkposh
On 1/16/2021 at 3:14 AM, dexterslab69 said:

That giddy feeling will fade as soon as the superficial facade made by a person starts to break down. Lets admit it, when we meet someone new, especially if you see this person as someone you will be romantically involve with, we always put our best foot forward, trying to impress this person with either material things or displaying attitudes that we think this person will find attractive. But as soon as we get comfortable, we slip up and our true self will show. Thats why we always hear “sa simula ka lang pala magaling” 😅

part 2 to follow... 😁

well said... 

Guest pinkposh

being in love means a lot and means everything. it will take the all of you. you are lucky if you feel that feeling... 

for me its just a dream that i never really felt in my whole life... just being "feeling in love" for a while but later the feeling fades away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think the correct word is "excitement." It fades as time goes by. But if someone choose to stay beyond the thrill, attraction, or lust, it develops into something deeper, something healthy. When you get to this stage where you don't expect and you accept the fact that this person will not always make you happy (no one can actually do that), but you guys make the team effort to make it work, then it can last a lifetime. There's no timer on that.

• Like 1

• Members
3 hours ago, Seri said:

I think the correct word is "excitement." It fades as time goes by. But if someone choose to stay beyond the thrill, attraction, or lust, it develops into something deeper, something healthy. When you get to this stage where you don't expect and you accept the fact that this person will not always make you happy (no one can actually do that), but you guys make the team effort to make it work, then it can last a lifetime. There's no timer on that.

Can't dis-agree. After All Love has been around long before expiration dates, clocks and stop watches. 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...