• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

What Made you Sad Today?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My income has actually been down since January of this year, as in it was reduced to just 30-40% of pre-pandemic levels. I never expected that I would suddenly have to prioritize bills and give up even small luxuries like eating out, minor shopping or even going out with friends. Now I kinda regret all the money I wasted before the pandemic. Wasted so much money on phone upgrades, lazy Grab rides, expensive restaurants etc.

• Members

Someone said they'll be there.. and without any warning disappeared. I dont know what i did or what i said. 

But if that's what they want, i cant really do anything about it. Im not going after them or beg them to stay.

I'll just let them be. 

And be sad that it ended suddenly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It was a good day overall.. and I wanted to share my excitement with someone.. then i realized that person is not around. 

I dont know if he is coming back. I dont even know how he is doing. 

That made me sad. 

• Like 1

• Members

It has been weeks since I last talked to him.  I've kept myself busy. This day is specially tiring.

When i finally had time to sit down and breathe, I realized I miss him.

Disclaimer: im not in love with him. He was just good to me. And im worried because he was in a dark place, i do hope he is ok.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Someone was making me smile these past few days.  He made me feel its ok to be me and that my insecurities are unfounded.

Until he made a request I could not give him.  That's when he basically called me fat. Right then and there, i ended things. 

I cannot be with someone who doesnt respect my limits. Someone would emotionally and mentally blackmail me to get his way.

It felt like a big red tag of a possibly abusive relationship. 

Did i overthink it? Maybe. Was I wrong to end things right away? I dont think so.

So why am I sad. Because i was smiling again and now im back to square one, alone.

Edited by Viola
Correction

• Do Better changed the title to What Made you Sad Today?
  • Do Better featured this topic