• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

Ages 30 to 39 - Are You On Schedule With Your Life Goals?

MedUSA

• Members

I'm in my 30s and I'm still at the point in my life where I collect toys, play video games, watch cartoons/Animé, and read comic books/manga. Yes, I have a career, and I do have some plans for my future. Is this normal? Or is it ok, since I am living my life and I enjoy every minute of it.

• Like 4

• Members
On 1/15/2021 at 10:25 PM, C.Unicron said:

I'm in my 30s and I'm still at the point in my life where I collect toys, play video games, watch cartoons/Animé, and read comic books/manga. Yes, I have a career, and I do have some plans for my future. Is this normal? Or is it ok, since I am living my life and I enjoy every minute of it.

It's very much ok. I'm in my early 30's and I still do everything you listed.

For as long as you are not causing harm to anyone : then don't let them dictate what you can or can't do.

Personally - I'm sick of that line "You're too old of toons" from people who don't even know that the level of violence, obscenity, and anything adult-related on Anime vs your "live action" shows are very much the same (I mean, like, HENTAI, y'know?)

Think of it this way : what show on local TV is out there really worth sitting in front of the TV for? It's all the same thing over-and-over : "Reality" Shows, "TeleDramas", "Variety Shows" ... at least Anime/ Super Hero show themes are broader. Anytthing special effects and a live person can't act out : the animator can draw.

Keep it up 🙂

Edited by Fapuccino
  • Like 2

• Members
On 1/15/2021 at 7:32 PM, Juliana said:

All my timelines were met. Everything now is settled. Now I am planning to be selfish. Spend on myself more.

Congrats, Juliana! Hoping for more successes to come to you even as you spend more on yourself.  Inuman tayo? 😂

• Like 1

• Members

Not really. 

Technically, my goal was to get the things I love and missed back when I was a kid/teen then kill myself when I get to 30 since I'm kind of fulfilled already. That was until I fell for a girl and now I'm regretting not making good life decisions since I wanted to give the best for her. While I was able to get all the things I love besides being in job that I always wanted to be, that one thing I didn't get made me feel lonely as I trudge through my life. I had to give up that dream job so I that I can help my mother on her finances and medicine for 6 years and now I just feel so miserable. I tried my best to keep spinning my negativity about work by motivating myself to like the work I'm doing where I even sleep every night repeating those words in my head but I only end up being more miserable as the years went by. It came to the point where I'm so depressed that I don't want to work anymore and ended up resigning as I have lost my motivation to do anything anymore. If it weren't for meeting my girlfriend 3 years ago, I would have gone insane already and went ahead with my scheduled suicide earlier than expected. I know this is kind of heavy but I don't know where to let this out. I'm not asking for any consolation or any help but I hope you can let me post this here. 

• Sad 3

• Members

I'm not gonna claim I've been there. I'm not gonna say I know how you feel. This is the internet bro, your welcome to be sentimental and all. I was lurking and saw your post, logged in just to say "hi", hoping, just maybe I could be a listening ear. I read you loud and clear 🙂 labas mo lang.

• Like 3

• Members

I think there were sacrifices that i’ve made that made my life a whole lot better. If i would follow what my relatives had advised and think of what is best for me, i wouldn’t be where i am today. I rememberedwhen i was 11 years old, one of my Aunts asked me what i wanted to do when i grow up - I wanted to be a writer, i replied and they made fun of me. Nobody would want to marry a WRITER! they taunted. So my journey began for not listening to their advice anymore and my mindset gave me the determination to work on what i wanted to do for myself, working for myself and improving myself. With so much going in my homelife - i decided to leave home after i graduated highschool and become a working student. At 18 i got a job from an Ad Agency and worked my through. I didn’t look back. I was gone from home for 20 years.

People often procastinate about what they wanted to do, what life would have been or if my parents would have been kinder or either would have been there for my graduation. Everybody have a lot of issues and most of the people drown themselves with their anxiety and aims for perfection. 

I’m sorry if i’ve said my piece too long but hear me out as a big sister to a lot of young people who are struggling.

YOU ARE ENOUGH. You are a survivor of all the chaos that happened in your life. All those lousy relationship decisions you’ve had and jobs that you wish you could have.

You got what it takes to thriveand make it into the day with only enough money in your pocket. You can work things through with your issues by getting better. There are tons of resources out there than can help you. 

Fix your bed, clean your room, stand straight and take a good hike. 

• Like 3

• Members
1 hour ago, Nightwriter said:

YOU ARE ENOUGH. You are a survivor of all the chaos that happened in your life. All those lousy relationship decisions you’ve had and jobs that you wish you could have.

She's my first girlfriend. I didn't plan to commit to one since I was planning to kill myself when I reached 30. I didn't invest in friendships or keeping tabs on anyone or keeping anybody close, which is why I don't have anybody close to me other than her. 

Before I got into the job I hated, I really went with trying to get to that ream job at first but my family's suffering from finance troubles while I still continue to hone my skills to be career-ready. I decided to stop since I realized that I'm going nowhere so I decided to work in the IT Industry. 6 years later, I forgot everything I've learned from my dream job, making me feel more miserable. When I try to code or design a game level, my head just hurts or my heart feels drained. I cannot get the designs I wanted nor can I write the code like I did back when I was making my RPG game thesis back in college. Maybe my goals are different now or something. I don't know. I've been dabbling into anything ethical recently and I tried to take my mind of killing myself because of her but I feel like a looser. I can't get a job despite being transparent on my interviews and being myself. But lately I've gaining interest on 2 things: Writing and Welding. If money wasn't a problem I wanted to get some skills training on either one of them soon but I need a job first. 

Since I cannot find a goal for myself right now, I just find a goal that my partner wants for us. She wants a home for us so I'm trying to get one as soon as I pay my debts due to unemployment. I really hate myself for making stupid decisions...

• Like 1

• Members

Not yet, but I'm starting on reaching my target goal in life, one step at a time. All I want is financial independence and self-sustainment, nothing more.

I may have a stable job, but I can't rely on my salary my whole life. I want to spend more time for myself and atone for all the things I haven't done since my career phase. Besides, just recently, I became disillusioned with the politics of my workplace, with the addition of personal and family struggles. 

• Like 1

• Do Better changed the title to Ages 30 to 39 - Are You On Schedule With Your Life Goals?
  • 1 year later...