• -- What's on Your Mind? | CLICK HERE TO JOIN A RANDOM DISCUSSION --

Unforgettable Childhood Movies - Tell Your Story How You Were Able To Watch It

MedUSA

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I saw the original  Pet Sematary (1989) on VHS when I was 7 years old.  At the time, it was the scariest thing I've ever watched and the novel on which it was based upon is (still) the creepiest thing I ever read.  I watched the entire film from start to finish without pausing (and I was alone, bec my mother didn't allow me to watch scary shit like that) but it got under my skin so much that I never looked at our pet cat the same way ever again.  Now, more than two decades later, it's still one of those movies that scares the bejesus out of me.  Oh how I miss the good times. 

• Like 4

• Members

Jaws, the first one. Saw it with my sister and uncle. My sister and I had our hands near our eyes whenever the music played or the shark was visible. We were so scared that closing our eyes would not be enough. We had to cover them. I dont know how we lasted through the whole movie

• Like 3

• Members

I remember The Labyrinth.. I think it haunted me for a long time... It was memorable for me because of the "Escher stairs" scene. It was scary and fascinating at the same time.  My parents left me to my own devices. So I can operate the betamax/vhs players on my own and I just pick whatever sounds interesting from my parents' stash of tapes.  

PS the first few posts on this thread are of "scary" movies. Were we all scarred/traumatized as kids? 🙂

Edited by Viola
Added more context
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 1/8/2021 at 11:35 AM, Viola said:

I remember The Labyrinth.. I think it haunted me for a long time... It was memorable for me because of the "Escher stairs" scene. It was scary and fascinating at the same time.  My parents left me to my own devices. So I can operate the betamax/vhs players on my own and I just pick whatever sounds interesting from my parents' stash of tapes.  

PS the first few posts on this thread are of "scary" movies. Were we all scarred/traumatized as kids? 🙂

Damn! The Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal really fvcked me up when I was a kid. Just saw those movies since my sister always get to pick the movie every Sunday night. Being alone, in the dark, and closets really scared me. But that was when I was 8yrs old. But a couple of years back, I got the chance to download the watch the 2 movies. Now, I'm a fan of those 2. Especially The Labyrinth, for one good reason. David Bowie. Ziggy Stardust himself was really brilliant in the movie as Jareth, The King of Goblins. 

• 2 weeks later...